We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you.
Are you looking for a challenge for you and your kids this summer? Do you want to do something new and exciting every day for 100 days? If so, then the 100 Days of Adventure Bucket List Challenge is perfect for you! This challenge will take you on an adventure every day for three months. From exploring new places to trying new activities, this challenge will keep you entertained, learning in a fun way and excited all summer long!
To help you get started, Get your 100 Days of adventure ideas here. The book contains activities that will get your heart racing and blood pumping. From hiking to becoming a backyard naturalist, there’s something on this list for everyone!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your kids or friends and start crossing items off your adventure bucket list today!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Second-generation homeschooling mom Greta Eskridge shares 100 hands-on learning activities for kids that will connect and enrich your family through adventures, small and big. So turn off the screen and turn on the creativity, curiosity, and love of nature as you have a meteor slumber party, attend a symphony concert, take a hike in the rain, preserve colourful fall leaves, make nettle pesto, and venture into the great, wide, natural world.
In 100 Days of Adventure, children will
- unplug from electronics and explore the world, from backyard bugs to farmer’s market veggies and plants along the trail
- learn about nature, art, music, and themselves through STEAM projects and new experiences
- bond with parents and siblings, learn new skills with individual investigations or explore with friends in an educational or homeschool group
This full-colour activity book for kids includes
- 100 indoor and outdoor activities, projects, experiments, crafts, recipes, and field trips, divided by season
- many activities that are free or low cost, with options for different kinds of families and locations
- step-by-step directions, nature journal, prompts, tips, and checklists
- beautiful photos and helpful illustrations
- a note to parents with encouraging start-here guidance on growing a family culture of curiosity and adventure
Whether your family is looking for fun activities, school breaks at home, road trips, vacations, or simple ways to learn together, this collection of interactive educational activities will help your kids get creative, get into nature, and get closer to each other.
Don’t miss Greta’s essential guide for parents on building a connected and loving family through exploration, Adventuring Together: How to Create Connections and Make Lasting Memories with Your Kids.
The girls have already started their adventure with Chalk up a smile. Do you know the feeling a pleasant surprise brings to you? Finding a surprise gift at your door or finding out one of your chores or to-do lists has mysteriously been done. Yes, that kind of feeling is what we hoped to achieve with the chalk up smile. We created our sneaky surprise of kindness by leaving an encouraging chalk message on our driveway. When people pass by, they will bump into a surprise smile! It was such a fulfilling adventure, and the girls enjoyed it. The girls took pictures with their Fujifilm Instax mini camera (link below), so they could attach their adventure pictures to their summer journals.
What you need:
- Sidewalk chalk
- A section of concrete you are allowed to draw on.
- Bible verse or encouraging quote.
What to do:
- Choose a favourite quote or Bible verse
- In giant letters, copy the encouraging words onto concrete.
- Add colourful designs around the words.
- Go inside and watch for people’s smiles when they see your message.
- Hold fast to hope.
- Leave a sparkle wherever you go.
- Be awesome today!
- Never lose your sense of wonder.
- Be kind one to another.
- We are blessed, and so are you.
- You are wonderful!
- You brighten the day.
- You are courageous!
- You are loved.
Our next adventure will be Garden in a jar. Get your 100 days of adventure here. I hope we can embark on these adventures together. I’ll love to hear from you; please share your adventures with me in the comment section. Here’s another excellent summer post.
Through it all, know that you are an amazing mother!