We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you.
Are you a stay at home mom or a homemaker, either by choice or circumstance? Do you wish to work from home while you carry out your motherly and wife duties? Have you been thinking of leaving your paid employment to start a business? Or are you a full-time working mom that desires to have a side business or another stream or source of income? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then you will love this. This is not an article to condemn the full-time working moms because, in my opinion, they are doing a fantastic job that is pretty difficult for many. I have actually been there, It was a whirlwind of waking up very early, have my quiet time, take my bath, pack the kids lunches, make their breakfast, wake the kids up, bathe them, dress them up, serve their breakfast, feed them, dress up for work, drop them off at school, rush to work, close from work, pick the kids up from school, make dinner, eat dinner, give them their bath, put them to bed, have my bath, chat with hubby for a while, read my bible and pray, off to bed and wake up to the same cycle!! Whew!
Ok, while that was an experience I miss, it was never where I wanted to be. Before I got married I dreamt of being there for myself, husband, children, family, and friends as much as I can, while working on my own from home. Most especially my children. Leaving them at the mercy of anyone was just heartbreaking for me. In fact, I had a fair share of maids and nannies of all shapes and sizes all in the name of easing the stress but on the long run, it was more stressful than it was without them. Aside from missing out on the very important milestones in their life, I want to take them to school and pick them up myself because riding on the school bus comes with a lot of ills, like having to wake them up way earlier than I should, a freedom zone for most bullies to unleash and so many others. I also want to drive them for artistic programs they love, like Piano lessons, Dance/ ballet classes, Soccer, Basketball, guitar lessons, violin lessons, gymnastic lessons ( which has been the song in my ears in recent times) and others.
I wish to help develop and pursue their innate potentials especially when they are at a very tender age. I wish to volunteer at their school to help out when I can and get a feel of how the school is treating them. I’d love to drive them to their soccer games and other activities, share in their victories or challenges when they get to middle school or higher classes. I want to take them to the local library to read and learn more.
I want to attend the various programs that need my attention in their school like parent/ teachers meeting. I’m elated when I can sit with them to go over their school work with them, check their homework, read with them, teach them to cook and share the word of God with them. I want the liberty to take them out at will, to the park, swimming, church and other fun places.
All of these I can do without having to report to an office at a specific time and leave at a designated time, but be able to build an empire as a boss girl right in the heart of my home while achieving all my dreams.
So if you share some of my dreams and wish to be the boss girl while catering to the needs of our loved ones or you are a stay at home mom and homemaker, looking for something you can do without jeopardizing the peace of the home front, start here:
This post may contain affiliate links, Godfidencefabgirls does receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase items through this link. See disclosure policy for more information
The blogging journey is not a new one for me. I tried my hands on blogging some years back, but I did not make it past my first post that attracted likes and compliment from my family, friends and loved ones, due to lack of adequate facilities, resources, and information. But when you are well equipped with the right information, resources, and community, you will definitely thrive. My blogging mentors now make $98,000 on a monthly basis and they succeeded in instilling so much knowledge in me. My blog journey is going to clock four months this month. I used the first two months to set up my website, social media platforms and grow my following. I decided to monetize my blog the third month and by the second week, I made that decision I made my first $65, woohoo! That was a life-changing and defining moment for me because not only am I fulfilling and achieving my purpose, I am also making money and impacting lives at the same time. Plus it just struck me that even my girls will grow up and this website will be a useful resource they can always refer to for help. What more can a fulfilled me ask for? There are countless ways to make money from blogging and if this is a road you will like to tour, start here.
- Choose a niche that interest you. We all have things that come to us naturally, that even if someone wakes us up to do, we will do brilliantly well. Write about those things and I’m sure your target audience is out there earnestly waiting for you to reach out to them through your content. Do not write or focus on a niche just because you know some people in that niche making six figures, that will be a total disaster even before you start it. I will be deceiving myself if I do travel blog for instance because I do not love to travel, I have a serious phobia for traveling and heights, I practically need to psyche myself up to travel way ahead of the trip. So choose carefully the niche you are naturally in love with or you are an expert in. I have come across a wide range of beautiful teacher blogs that are really doing awesome because that’s their area of specialization.
- Choose a domain name (your address on the www – worldwide web) for your website that may relate or not to your niche, then verify if the name is available before purchasing the domain name by making a list of possible names. I view my website as my second home and it is absolutely peaceful there – www.godfidencefabgirls.com. Godfidencefabgirls is the domain name that I bought to have my website address.
- Get your own self-hosted website on WordPress with Bluehost. It is the best web hosting now starting at 3.95/ month. You will get a free domain, free site builders, 1 – click WordPress install and 24/7 support. It’s as affordable as $59.40 a year. Imagine you pay $3.95 a month for your second home. Amazing right? Start here. steps are; choose your preferred plan, enter your available domain name, create your account, fill your account information, fill your payment information, agree to the terms and conditions and there you have your website. Watch out for emails from the Bluehost and follow the instructions. Remember this is the best option to make money with your blog.
- Sign up for a good email list subscriber service. This is what your subscribers will use to sign up to your own website. The free one is MailChimp but I recommend you use Convertkit because it is easy to use and customize.
- Choose a theme. You can either use a free theme or a paid theme depending on preference.
- Design or order your Logo. The logo set you apart from any other site. Be creative with it but don’t complicate it.
- Write an About Me page. Introduce your blog to the world through your about me page.
- Write your first blog post and about 10 or more blog post before sharing your website with the world.
- Create social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram. Pinterest and Twitter.
- Share your post on the social media platforms and network with other fellow bloggers to gradually gain traffic and new insight.
- The first step to making money with your blog is to register for affiliates programs. There are so many to choose from but be careful not to overwhelm your website with too many adverts so as not to repel prospective subscribers or readers. I recommend starting with Amazon affiliates. Affiliate allows you to advertise a company or product on your website, for which you get a commission or percentage of the sale made. A valid example is Bluehost. I get a commission of any sales made through my site.
There are many more opportunities available to monetize your blog. Feel free to reach out to me for questions and follow-up help when you set up your blog with my link by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject NEW BLOG. This is very important because I will teach you how you can use this single platform for multiple purposes. Good luck and remember You can do whatever you set your mind to do. Also, support and urge your girls that love to write to blog. It is very liberating.
Electronic commerce is any business or commercial transaction that involves the transfer of information across the internet. This is a very reliable and viable business that a stay at home mom can do. It is a new venture I am exploring and the opportunities are limitless if you are well equipped and well-trained. Depending on the level you wish, you can start with no capital at all or with a capital too, all you need is a Website with a woo-commerce theme. I will be opening a training class about this very soon. Make sure you are a subscriber to my blog to get the information when it finally goes out.
There are so many other ways to make money from home like,
- Customer Service Jobs
- Graphic designer on Fiverr.com or other platforms.
- A Mystery Shopper
- Create and sell an E-Book
- Online Tutor
- A coach in a field of Expertise. All you need is book a few client every month and coach them to be able to reach their goal.
- Create an online course
- Have an online boutique by starting your own line of clothing. Mine is in the works.
- Make crafts and sell on your social media platforms
- Write Books – Children books, Adult books, Inspirational books and others.
- Take beautiful pictures and sell to Stock photos
- Proofreader or Editor
- Consultant to companies.
- Childcare minder.
- Web designer.
I could go on and on. The list is endless and the possibilities are also endless, once you have the right guidance and you work hard at it. Also, take note that nothing good comes easy. So be ready to pay the price of hard work to carry out your goal. A good way to get started is to look for online courses you can do become an expert in this fields. Websites like Udemy, Groupon offers such courses either free or very affordable.
A very important tool needed to keep you focused and meeting your daily target is a daily planner. If you subscribe after reading this post I have attached a daily planner for your free download, all you have to do is print many copies and use. Fill the planner first thing every morning and keep in a folder at the end of each day to get organized.
To all the full-time working moms, I say well done and keep up the good work you are doing.
If you find this post useful in any way please do leave a comment below.