We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you.
Little girls with dreams become women with vision.
This past week I took a walk down the memory lane and it dawned on me that every single thing I dreamt of as a child has become a reality! whoo hoo…………… I have joy and peace in my heart so great it makes me shed tears of joy.
As a child, I cannot remember what prompted me to start writing all my dreams down as it came to me and I kept updating and rewriting them on new pages as I grew older. One of the many dreams I had, was to have a company selling my brand. The name of the company came to me and I wrote it down too. Last month I decided to start working on getting my company started. I searched for the special name to check its availability so I can register it and there it was available and now registered. Even the website is available and now secured. It was a very emotional and fulfilling time for me because all I can see is how important our dreams are to God and how he does not put anything on our mind for the mere fun of it. I remember sharing those pages with my husband to be, now my husband and he loved it and encouraged me to go for it, love you baby.
Due to these recent occurrences and accomplishments, I then decided to help my daughters to also begin to birth their dreams by encouraging them to write everything that comes to their mind to either become or to do and I want you to do the same for your daughters as well. My first daughter is 9 years old and already has a list of dreams for her future lately and I see how her face lights up when she talks about them. We, however, need to put them into writing to begin to give the dreams life.
“Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. Habakuk 2:2
Can you see how important it is to write your visions, dreams, hopes, aspirations, goals down? Even the Bible stresses how important it is. We can only remember and act on what we have written. One of my greatest joy will be to see my daughters dream that we are beginning to document unfold. But how do we go about these?
- Get them a small notepad and pen as soon as they can write legibly. Make it a colorful and fun one.
- Tell them the journal is for writing anything they ever dream to be or hope to be no matter how silly. (I know some multimillion dollar companies that stemmed from silly ideas). Why do they need to write their dreams down? One of the reasons is that there’s a greater tendency to forget the dreams you have if they are not written especially our young girls. Another reason is that it gives a sense of hope for the future because you are able to see, eat, digest, breathe and feel what you wrote down.
- Tell them every time and at any given opportunity DAUGHTER YOUR DREAMS ARE REAL AND VALID. Print this out and personalize with their names and paste where they can see this every time. For instance: Daisy, your dreams are real and valid. Have them say it over and over again until they believe it.
- Another special thing I did with those written dreams of mine is to pray over them from time to time. Now teach your daughters to do the same. Prayer is very powerful and the earlier they know this the easier their life will be.
- Let them know that they will keep rewriting these dreams as they grow older and as their life takes on new adventures.
- Now I know we as parents have our own dreams for our daughters which is a beautiful and good thing. But let us also embrace their dreams and not just impose and enforce ours on them. We can tell them why we want them to pursue a particular dream and if God wills then they will embrace it together with their own dreams. I believe there’s no limit to what our daughters can be or achieve. It is called multitasking. And if we aren’t blessed with anything at all as women, we are super blessed with that. Just like it was when we were growing up, every parent wants their children to be a doctor, I still hear that today too. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, your dreams for your child shouldn’t stop them from having or accomplishing their personal dreams. A greater number of people I’ve seen studied the course of their parents choice while growing up, got out, found no fulfillment, settled into their own home as adults and then started all over again to pursue their own dreams and suddenly fulfillment came and happiness followed.
One of the reasons why I do all I do is so I leave a legacy that will outlive me long after I leave this world. I don’t want to leave without impacting lives and inspiring the next generation of girls. Now it is our turn to help our girls carry out all that their heart desires and longs for. It will be super sad to come to this world without fulfilling a purpose or leaving a legacy behind.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
It is never too late mom and dad to start dreaming again if for one reason or the other you don’t have any dreams or life issues has halted your dreams.
Dare to dream again momma. Why is this important? Remember your daughters look up to you and one of their very first dreams as a child is to be like mummy. Let them see you having your dreams, writing them down, living your dreams and achieving your dreams. There’s no greater and faster lesson than that. Is it easy? NO. But is it achievable? YES.