Little girls with dreams become women with vision.
This past week I took a walk down the memory lane and it dawned on me that every single thing I dreamt of as a child has become a reality! whoo hoo…………… I have joy and peace in my heart so great it makes me shed tears of joy.
As a child, I cannot remember what prompted me to start writing all my dreams down as it came to me and I kept updating and rewriting them on new pages as I grew older. One of the many dreams I had, was to have a company selling my brand. The name of the company came to me and I wrote it down too. Last month I decided to start working on getting my company started. I searched for the special name to check its availability so I can register it and there it was available and now registered. Even the website is available and now secured. It was a very emotional and fulfilling time for me because all I can see is how important our dreams are to God and how he does not put anything on our mind for the mere fun of it. I remember sharing those pages with my husband to be, now my husband and he loved it and encouraged me to go for it, love you baby.
Due to these recent occurrences and accomplishments, I then decided to help my daughters to also begin to birth their dreams by encouraging them to write everything that comes to their mind to either become or to do and I want you to do the same for your daughters as well. My first daughter is 9 years old and already has a list of dreams for her future lately and I see how her face lights up when she talks about them. We, however, need to put them into writing to begin to give the dreams life.
“Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. Habakuk 2:2
Can you see how important it is to write your visions, dreams, hopes, aspirations, goals down? Even the Bible stresses how important it is. We can only remember and act on what we have written. One of my greatest joy will be to see my daughters dream that we are beginning to document unfold. But how do we go about these?
- Get them a small notepad and pen as soon as they can write legibly. Make it a colorful and fun one.
- Tell them the journal is for writing anything they ever dream to be or hope to be no matter how silly. (I know some multimillion dollar companies that stemmed from silly ideas). Why do they need to write their dreams down? One of the reasons is that there’s a greater tendency to forget the dreams you have if they are not written especially our young girls. Another reason is that it gives a sense of hope for the future because you are able to see, eat, digest, breathe and feel what you wrote down.
- Tell them every time and at any given opportunity DAUGHTER YOUR DREAMS ARE REAL AND VALID. Print this out and personalize with their names and paste where they can see this every time. For instance: Daisy, your dreams are real and valid. Have them say it over and over again until they believe it.
- Another special thing I did with those written dreams of mine is to pray over them from time to time. Now teach your daughters to do the same. Prayer is very powerful and the earlier they know this the easier their life will be.
- Let them know that they will keep rewriting these dreams as they grow older and as their life takes on new adventures.
- Now I know we as parents have our own dreams for our daughters which is a beautiful and good thing. But let us also embrace their dreams and not just impose and enforce ours on them. We can tell them why we want them to pursue a particular dream and if God wills then they will embrace it together with their own dreams. I believe there’s no limit to what our daughters can be or achieve. It is called multitasking. And if we aren’t blessed with anything at all as women, we are super blessed with that. Just like it was when we were growing up, every parent wants their children to be a doctor, I still hear that today too. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, your dreams for your child shouldn’t stop them from having or accomplishing their personal dreams. A greater number of people I’ve seen studied the course of their parents choice while growing up, got out, found no fulfillment, settled into their own home as adults and then started all over again to pursue their own dreams and suddenly fulfillment came and happiness followed.
One of the reasons why I do all I do is so I leave a legacy that will outlive me long after I leave this world. I don’t want to leave without impacting lives and inspiring the next generation of girls. Now it is our turn to help our girls carry out all that their heart desires and longs for. It will be super sad to come to this world without fulfilling a purpose or leaving a legacy behind.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
It is never too late mom and dad to start dreaming again if for one reason or the other you don’t have any dreams or life issues has halted your dreams.
Dare to dream again momma. Why is this important? Remember your daughters look up to you and one of their very first dreams as a child is to be like mummy. Let them see you having your dreams, writing them down, living your dreams and achieving your dreams. There’s no greater and faster lesson than that. Is it easy? NO. But is it achievable? YES.
[bctt tweet=”Daughter your dreams are real and valid. -Bola Adesanya ” username=”godfidencegirls”]
37 Responses on this post
I love this article! Always a great reminder to have your kids dream and write those dreams down. I enjoyed reading through all of your tips. One thing that I do annually with my kids are vision boards where my kids choose goals for the short and long term and they have to think and explain how they plan to accomplish them. This article reminded me about that! Thank you!
Thanks. We love dream boards as well.
Thanks for this! I am a new mom to a daughter and I often think about how I want to make sure she knows that all of her dreams are possible.
Great Janine. This will definitely help . Thanks
Such a great message to teach your children, and you’re never too old to follow your dreams!
This is precious! I recently started a dream board and it is amazing how much more motivating it is to see dreams and goals written out. It forces me to be proactive–what am I doing to accomplish this–instead of wishing and hoping that everything will fall in my lap. Dream big–then chase after it!
So true. Thanks
Powerfl thoughts for our daughters! Thank you!
My pleasure Katy. Thanks
I love this! I am always encouraging my girls to dream and to know that anything is possible!
Keep at it. You are doing awesome. Thanks
Pray for them all the times is the best thing I could do beside all important thing we always do together!
Prayers are absolutely important. Thanks
Lovely! So important to support our children in their dreams and not force ours onto them!
Yes Gail. Thanks
I love that you have started this tradition with your daughter. It’s important to write down our dreams and see if and how they come to fruition. Glad yours did.
So important. Thanks Brown
That is great that you wrote those down! Writing them down makes them more likely that they will be achieved!
So true. Thanks
Love the inspiration and heart you wrote this post with! Dare to dream…
Thank you so much.
It is so important to write down your dreams! Thanks for the wonderful ideas!
Super important. Thanks Arianny
I love this! We need to empower the youth more. 🙂
Absolutely. Thanks Heidi
I never realized it was Biblical to write down your goals. I just started writing down my biggest dreams and goals. We’ll see how this goes. Congrats on realizing so many of your dreams!
Sounds like a perfect plan. Thanks Stacey
Love this so much! Giving your dreams the importance of speaking and writing them is so empowering!
I’m glad you love it. Thanks
What a brilliant idea to encourage your girls to begin writing down their dreams/hopes/aspiratons. A great message for all. Thank you.
Thanks Verla. We need to keep hope alive.
I love it! I will be encouraging my oldest daughter to begin a dream journal. Thank you so much for sharing this!
That is fantastic. Thanks
I love this post! I’m big on goals and reaching them. I’ve written a bunch down and still see some in my head. It’s amazing how far I’ve come in the last few years when I got out of a dream crushing relationship. I want to sit with both my daughters and sons and encourage them to write down their dreams! Thank you!!!
That is awesome. Thanks Ruth.
This is an amazing thing that every girl needs to hear!